What category does false imprisonment fall under, and when would a convicted person be eligible for parole?

Asked over 4 years ago - Carrollton, GA

See above.

1. Woodrow Scott Smith

Answered . False imprisonment is a felony offense in Georgia. You can receive 1-10 years in custody. All or none of it can be probated. If convicted and sent to prison, the parole board will look at a number of factors to determine parole eligibility.

2. Lee William Fitzpatrick

Answered . I can't tell for sure, but I'm thinking you may be asking where that offense is listed on the Department of Pardons and Paroles' "GRID". Interestingly, it is not listed. Attempted Kidnapping is listed as a level VII on the crime severity chart. I would speculate that False imprisonment would not be listed any higher. Even knowing the person's crime severity level, there is no way to predict a parole date as there are many other factors that the board looks at to set a tentative parole date.