What case does he have? (pertaining to cyber bullying)

Tunica, MS |

This troll nut case who is always talking crap about my sister is trying to subpoena me because i apparently "threatened" him. Well basically I just got fed up with his crap . My family and his family don't have a great history or whatever. . . anyways i went on a rant to him in a long message. In the message i said things like like f*ck you , f*ck your whole family called him trash, a piece of sh*t and then told to him to play in traffic and take his family with him. His friend told him he can report me to authorities so now the troll claims he's is going to subpoena me to court because basically i told him to kill himself and his whole family. He's taking that as a threat. (just to find some way to get me in trouble) ( the guy is 20 and i am 18 so i have no idea if he's joking around abo

1. I always counsel my clients not to interact with Internet trolls. It just adds fuel to the fire.

I doubt the police would want to become involved in this petty bickering, absent a threat of physical bodily harm that could be considered seriously - which I doubt this is.

The Troll could sue you for your comments, but I doubt he will want to put any money up front with a lawyer - so I doubt he will go this route.

Finally, as I said up top -- Don't interact with the Trolls - it only gives them more ways to attack you.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

2. I agree, you aren't doing yourself any favors by responding to him. Leave him alone and stop giving him what he wants.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.