What can you do when your exhusband and his lawyer and the GAL all lie in court because they know you have a lousy lawyer

Ocean Springs, MS |

I had custody of my children and my exhusband got an emergency court order to take my children saying I was suicidal when I wasn't. The GAL lied in his report and didn't include any of the facts I provided but did include lots of lies my ex said and lied about my house and what my children said. I can't afford my child support which is more than twice what my ex paid me and I applied to have it lowered and now he is telling more lies about me and attacking my religion which isn't christian.

Religion is irrelevant -- what is relevant is proof. All that matters in court is what you can prove, not what you believe. If you assert they are lying, it is your burden to prove that assertion. To do this requires experience and knowledge of procedural and substantive law -- in short, if you have a bad attorney, fire him or her and hire another.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.