Skip to main content

What can you do to stop a person from slandering your on-line business and spreading falsehoods about you and your product ?

Salt Lake City, UT |

My husband and I have a small online scooter business. We also have a forum that we purchased from "Frank". A man "Bob" runs the forum for us. Frank doesn't like Bob and was being very negitive on the forum."Bob" with our permission has banned "Frank" for 30 days because he wouldn't stop his comments. Frank is very good at setting up websites, bloggs, forums etc (we are not ) and he is now angry at us for the banning him. So he posting pages that are false and slanderous and hurting our good name. We have proof of his threats in our emails that he intends to continue to do this. We want to know how to stop him. We are in Utah and he is in Chicago. Thanks for your help

Attorney Answers 2


Since this is a business entity which you are trying to protect, I suggest you invest in retaining an attorney to deal with Frank in Chicago. Perhaps a letter on legal stationery from your attorney, threatening him with legal action if he persists in defaming you, will result in his behaving himself. A letter from a local Chicago attorney may be most effective, as Frank would know that the attorney is in the area and could easily go to the courthouse to sue him.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

Mark as helpful


You definitely need the assistance of an aggressive attorney that will cause the slander and libel to cease and desist.

I can be reached at

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics