What can you do if your lawyers have a trial date and no one notify you and they let the defendant walk away free

i was injured, neither the clerk's office or my lawyer let me know about the trial

Gary, IN -

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Personal Injury Lawyer - Chicago, IL

Your attorney is in the best position to advise you. If your attorney refuses to meet with you, you must learn whether the case has been dismissed and, if so, whether it was dismissed with prejudice. If the case was simply dismissed, you may be able to have the case reinstated. Good luck.

Christopher David Wyant

Christopher David Wyant

Personal Injury Lawyer - Indianapolis, IN

If you have a lawyer, you need to find out when the trial date is scheduled. If you do not have a lawyer, you can walk into the court's office and ask the clerks for information about your case including when the trial is scheduled.

Steven Mark Sweat

Steven Mark Sweat

Personal Injury Lawyer - Beverly Hills, CA

You need to speak with your lawyer about the case status.

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Personal Injury Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Something doesn't sound kosher. Speak to your lawyer first. If no satisfaction re-post and I'm sure there will be no shortage of attorneys willing to offer advise.

Related Advice