What can void an irrevocable trust?

Eau Claire, WI |

What can void an irrevocable trust?

1. Court Order.
    The best reasons are:
    1 Not fit for purpose it was created.
    2 Fraud, duress, or undue influence
    3 Agreement of all the beneficiaries.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

2. Agree with other attorney answer, but #3 also requires consent of the settlor; see Section 701.12 of the Wisconsin Statutes.

Also court has discretion to terminate trusts where property has less than %50,000 in value - See Section 701.13; read entire Chapter 701 of the Wisconsin Statues for other possible arguments.

3. My colleagues have provided you with quality advice. I would add that it might make sense for you to consult with a local trust attorney to explore your particular circumstances. After such an exploration, you will be better informed.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold www.EGoldLaw.com Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Wills and estates topics