What can one do if they have file for an action of divorce but the ex wife keeps evading service in rochester, ny?

Asked over 1 year ago - Rochester, NY

The index number has been purchase, the affidavit of service has been file but my ex wife is dodging the sherriff in order to avoid service of the action.

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

11

Answered . You can report this to the court and have the sheriff keep trying, most good sherrifs will get her, in my 20 plus years we have always been able to serve someone in state or get a court order or file a divorce by publication. take care.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . Hire a process server. They will know what to do.

3. Susan Kathleen Duke

Pro

4

Answered . If the affidavit of service for the summons with notice or summons with complaint has been filed, there is nothing further you need to do in terms of serving her, and the divorce may proceed by default if she does not respond. I have a feeling the Affidavit of Service, though, by what you are saying has not actually been filed. Hire a private process server and you will have better luck.

4. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Also speak to your lawyer about a licensed process server and have a copy of the summons given to your friends and family in case they see her they can also serve her. Provide the sheriff with her address for home and work.

5. Brad S. Margolis

2

Answered . Good day:
    Please speak to the person who attempted service. See if and what the issue was.

Also if she wasnt served there can be no affidavit of service filed. Perhaps you mean an affidavit of non service.

Good Luck

6. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . Hire a process server.