What can my son do about his wife cheating and not wanting him to have joint custody of his daughter. Married in California

Asked 12 months ago - Austin, TX

While my son was deployed his wife cheated and had a child. She doesn't want him to have joint custody. He tried to make things work but has decide that a divorce is best. Please advise what he could do.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brian Douglas Walters


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Where does your son and his family live now? Where they got married is not relevant. I need to know that before I can tell you anything, because I am not sure if Texas law applies.

    This information is not legal advice and does not form an attorney-client relationship.
  2. Mark Allen Land

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . He should hire an attorney. The initial question is where. If you can give us more facts about where your son and his wife and child are living (and for how long) we can ponit you in the right direction.

    It is also not clear if your son believes the child is his.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,016 answers this week

2,780 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,016 answers this week

2,780 attorneys answering