What can I write for my residency status if I'm currently waiting an interview date for visa via marriage with citizen?

Recently, I got my biometrics done. I'm waiting for my interview date. I'm applying to a college and I'm not sure what I should say for my residency status. Can I use the resident alien number which I received from the USCIS? My visa expired few years ago.

1. Your question is unclear.

On immigration forms you need to always be truthful.

If you are asking about college form, you should disclose that you are an adjustment of status applicant, if you have in fact filed the adjustment of status application.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. My colleague is correct. It is difficult to understand what you are asking. If you have filed to AOS and you are waiting for an interview you cannot claim you already ahve LPR status. You need to contact the SEVIS agent at the college who should be able to guide you through the prcess of applying as an alien for admission to the college.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. You must be accurate on the forms as there are repercussions for inaccurate informations.
    Most importantly do not claim to be a US citizen on a form if you are not.

Goodluck.

4. The questions on college application regarding "residency" may not mean immigration status it may mean in-state v. out-state. As always it is best to get help with tricky questions, as to speak to your school admissions department, do not be afraid to ask questions.