What can I write for my residency status if I'm currently waiting an interview date for visa via marriage with citizen?

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

Recently, I got my biometrics done. I'm waiting for my interview date. I'm applying to a college and I'm not sure what I should say for my residency status. Can I use the resident alien number which I received from the USCIS? My visa expired few years ago.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Your question is unclear.

On immigration forms you need to always be truthful.

If you are asking about college form, you should disclose that you are an adjustment of status applicant, if you have in fact filed the adjustment of status application.

2. C. C. Abbott

1

Answered . My colleague is correct. It is difficult to understand what you are asking. If you have filed to AOS and you are waiting for an interview you cannot claim you already ahve LPR status. You need to contact the SEVIS agent at the college who should be able to guide you through the prcess of applying as an alien for admission to the college.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You must be accurate on the forms as there are repercussions for inaccurate informations.
    Most importantly do not claim to be a US citizen on a form if you are not.

Goodluck.

4. Richard Andrew Constantino Alton

Answered . The questions on college application regarding "residency" may not mean immigration status it may mean in-state v. out-state. As always it is best to get help with tricky questions, as to speak to your school admissions department, do not be afraid to ask questions.