What can i say to help with my denied political asylum case?

Fort Myers, FL |

My political asylum case was denied by a judge and decided to file the appeal myself due to financial difficulties . In line 6 of the EMIR - 26 form . What can i write there to help my case get approved .

There is no way to tell you without knowing what your underlying claim was and the reasons for the denial.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

I cannot see how you can handle an appeal yourself. You financial difficulty is not going to win the appeal. Try to find pro bono attorney to help you. You still have the time I assume before the brief is due

You are making a big mistake handling this appeal yourself. Not only will you likely leave out helpful information, but you could also include unnecessarily damaging information. For example, there is no EMIR-26 form that I know off; my guess is that you are talking about EOIR-26 Notice of Appeal. If that's the case, item # 6 is the heart of the appeal and if not appropriately answered, your appeal will be summarily dismissed. My advice is to seek the assistance of an attorney immediately.

The fact that you are asking this question is indicative that you are in way over your head. If you cannot afford private counsel then see if you can obtain assistance from your local Legal Aid Society or other organization that provides free or low cost legal assistance.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.