What can I file to request un supervised visitation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

An order was placed for supervised visitation. I filed a motion for reconsideration but, was unaware that it needed to be filed within 10 days so my motion was denied. What can I file to have my motion for unsupervised visitation heard?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Dave Hawkins


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You waived your right to challenge the prior order. You will need to wait until trial or file a motion to terminate the supervised visit which will be difficult without the assistance of an attorney, and even then will be a long shot under the doctrine of res judicata.

    Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This... more
  2. Frank L. LaBare

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . The timing is important. Depending on how long you have been compliant with the supervision requirement, you may be able to modify the order. If this is just a temporary order, then you can ask to have it changed. I would suggest sitting down with an experienced family law attorney and work out a plan to achieve your goals.

    www.maplevalleylegal.com This page does not constitute legal advice. These pages do not constitute, nor do they... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,124 answers this week

2,995 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,124 answers this week

2,995 attorneys answering