What can I file to request un supervised visitation?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

An order was placed for supervised visitation. I filed a motion for reconsideration but, was unaware that it needed to be filed within 10 days so my motion was denied. What can I file to have my motion for unsupervised visitation heard?

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

Answered . You waived your right to challenge the prior order. You will need to wait until trial or file a motion to terminate the supervised visit which will be difficult without the assistance of an attorney, and even then will be a long shot under the doctrine of res judicata.

2. Frank L. LaBare

Answered . The timing is important. Depending on how long you have been compliant with the supervision requirement, you may be able to modify the order. If this is just a temporary order, then you can ask to have it changed. I would suggest sitting down with an experienced family law attorney and work out a plan to achieve your goals.