What can I file to request un supervised visitation?

Tacoma, WA |

An order was placed for supervised visitation. I filed a motion for reconsideration but, was unaware that it needed to be filed within 10 days so my motion was denied. What can I file to have my motion for unsupervised visitation heard?

1. You waived your right to challenge the prior order. You will need to wait until trial or file a motion to terminate the supervised visit which will be difficult without the assistance of an attorney, and even then will be a long shot under the doctrine of res judicata.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements

2. The timing is important. Depending on how long you have been compliant with the supervision requirement, you may be able to modify the order. If this is just a temporary order, then you can ask to have it changed. I would suggest sitting down with an experienced family law attorney and work out a plan to achieve your goals.

www.maplevalleylegal.com This page does not constitute legal advice. These pages do not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney. If you send any confidential information to Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services and you are not a client of Attorney Frank L. LaBare and/or Maple Valley Legal Services , the information shall lose its confidential status. Furthermore, if the unsolicited information you send to our Law Office, and is beneficial to our clients and adverse to you, the information you provide may be used even if it is contrary to your interests

Child custody topics