What can I expect when having "court ordered fingerprints" done?

Pittsburgh, PA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I am charged with:
Theft by unlawful taking - moveable prop(lead)
Receiving stolen property
Forgery - utters forged in writing.

I have no previous record. These charges are a result of a personal complaint.
I am currently seeking legal council and have begun the interview process to find an attorney in which I feel comfortable.

It sounds like you were ordered to appear somewhere and provide fingerprints. All that should happen is that you go where you are ordered, likely a police station and they take your fingerprints. That should be it. Try to do it only after you get an attorney, if possible and don't make any statements or strike up any conversations with law enforcement while you are doing it. You don't have 5th Amendment privilege in your fingerprints, so if ordered, you likely have to do it, but talk to an attorney first.

Since you are in "the process" of finding an attorney, redouble your effort to retain experienced counsel in your location. Ask that attorney about this. Stop wasting time looking for advice on the internet.

This is all very new to me and I am scared. I find your response quite rude. As stated above, I am seeking legal council. I posted online to seek a bit of reassurance and peace of mind.

You are really doing the only thing you can/and should do/ hiring an attorney. Keeping quiet about this event is the only thing I want to add.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.