What can I expect on a second offense felony forgery and felony identity theft?

Lexington, KY |

I was probated on a felony forgery and willingly went through treatment. I relapsed and committed two more felony forgeries and identity thefts. I know I am going to do some time and have cleaned myself up again from a Heroin Addiction through A.A. and N.A. The program director of the drug rehab center I completed, The Hope Center, wants me to come back and I want to go back. Do I have a chance of serving a little time and being released? Or should I prepare for a long prison stint. I have no violent charges and no drug charges as well. I'm just trying to be prepared for when I turn myself in.

1. You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney ASAP. In addition to the new felony charges, the Commonwealth could make a motion to revoke the probated sentence. If indicted, you could also be charged with being a Persistent felony offender II.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Additionally, you should expect a rather high bond. You should ask your attorney to see if you are eligible for any type of drug court program that the Circuit court may offer. Restitution may also be an issue with respect to length of incarceration. Find a criminal defense lawyer in your area as soon as possible.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.