What can I expect on a second offense felony forgery and felony identity theft?

Asked 11 months ago - Lexington, KY

I was probated on a felony forgery and willingly went through treatment. I relapsed and committed two more felony forgeries and identity thefts. I know I am going to do some time and have cleaned myself up again from a Heroin Addiction through A.A. and N.A. The program director of the drug rehab center I completed, The Hope Center, wants me to come back and I want to go back. Do I have a chance of serving a little time and being released? Or should I prepare for a long prison stint. I have no violent charges and no drug charges as well. I'm just trying to be prepared for when I turn myself in.

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . You need to hire a good criminal defense attorney ASAP. In addition to the new felony charges, the Commonwealth could make a motion to revoke the probated sentence. If indicted, you could also be charged with being a Persistent felony offender II.

2. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . Additionally, you should expect a rather high bond. You should ask your attorney to see if you are eligible for any type of drug court program that the Circuit court may offer. Restitution may also be an issue with respect to length of incarceration. Find a criminal defense lawyer in your area as soon as possible.