What can i expect my sentence to be for felony 3 theft by unlawful taking it is my first offense

Asked over 4 years ago - Scranton, PA

what can i expect at sentencing for felony 3 in the state of pa it is my first offense and i applied for the accelerated rehab disposition program due to addiction

1. Nicholas M. D'Alessandro Jr.

Answered . Depending on the facts, your ARD application should be accepted. If not, you should check to see if Lackawana County has a Drug Court program. If they do, it should have the benefit of an expungement. These programs vary by county. Otherwise, you are most likely looking at probation and community service. As I stated, it depends on the facts of your case.

**This response does not constitute legal advice or creat an attorney-client relationship.

2. Adam D. Zucker

Pro

Answered . The Pennsylvania Sentencing guidelines call for anywhere from probation to up to 9 months incarceration. Since you have no prior record and there are some mitigating factors such as your addiction there is a decent chance you will get probation if convicted but there is no guarantee. I'm not so sure about acceptance into the ARD program however as many counties exclude felonies from the ARD program. You would have to check with the County in which your case is pending. Drug court may be an option however again the program does not exist in every county and some counties only permit drug offenses into the program. Your best line of defense is to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney who should be able to guide you through the complexities of your local court system.