What can I expect in my case management conference?

I have a case management conference in a few weeks time for a limited civil lawsuit.

Usually the judge and attorneys will discuss the status of the case, discovery, potential discovery issues, and the possibility of mediation. The judge might also set a final status conference and trial date.

Matthew Blair
310-550-1555
www.chakmakislaw.com

Iagree. Als be sure to check the tentative ruling prior to the hearing itself. You may want to hire an attorney at this point to ensure alleadlines are met.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. The above answer is for general information only and is based on the information you posted. Every case is fact dependent, so to get a thorough analysis of your situation, you will need to consult face to face with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where the incident took place. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

As the case is a limited one, expect the judge to send you to arbitration or some other form of ADR if you don't agree with the other side begorehand? You can also expect the judge to discuss the basics of the case, legal issues, possible motions, number of trial days, and they may also set deadlines for discovery, designation of experts, trial readiness conference and trial date.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Louis Anthes

Louis Anthes

Los Angeles Superior Courts, as of March 1, 2013, have suspended their entire ADR program, for all of the County Courts, due to budget cuts.