What can I expect from this reckless driving charge?

Virginia Beach, VA |

I was given a summons for reckless driving generally and improper u-turn in Norfolk,VA. The light was red for at least 7 minutes, because it hadn''t changed by the time I pulled out of Taco Bell. I decided to turn my signal on and turn right, since there was no line distinguishing the two lanes. As I did so, a car with two girls sped up to the light. I turned after they turned and then got into the left lane to make a u-turn. I signaled to turn into the left lane. There was no sign saying no u-turns were allowed, but yet the officer said I made an improper u-turn. I saw that the punishment for this charge can be up to $2,500 with jailtime and/or a suspended license. What should I do do? Would enrolling in a drivers improvement class before the court date lower the charge?

As you have learned, Reckless Driving is a Class 1 Misdemeanor and a serious offense. You should definitely consult an attorney. Additionally, taking a driving course will not hurt the outcome. If you need assistance please call me at 7575540258.

You should consult with a local reckless driving attorney immediately. Each jurisdiction has its own way of handling common charges like reckless driving. Depending on that jurisdictions programs and customs you made need to take a specific driving improvement class at a specific time. To learn more about the different driving classes that are available and to learn more about Virginia traffic court go to http://virginiatrafficcourt.com.

Luke J Nichols
Nichols & Green
(703) 383-9222
wwwnicholsgreen,com
lnichols@nicholsgreen.com

I agree with Mr. Nichols and I am a local attorney who can help.
Please call me for assistance.

STEPHEN P. PFEIFFER, ESQ.

W O L C O T T R I V E R S G A T E S
Attorneys at Law
Convergence Center IV
301 Bendix Road, Suite 500
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Telephone (757) 554-0258
Fax (757) 497-7267
www.wolcottriversgates.com

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.

You need to get assistance. The effect of a reckless driving charge on your record even if the maximum penalty is not given can be significant. Contact a local attorney to assist you. Avoiding the negative effect on your insurance premiums will warrant the investment.

John G. Merna, Esq.
The Merna Law Group.
3615 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
757-340-4070

This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. The answer is not a complete answer and requires additional facts in order to provide the best options. The submitter accepts the risk of relying on such an incomplete answer and waives any claims of damages for doing so. As stated in the answer the submitter should contact a qualified bankruptcy attorney is discuss these issues further before any action is taken. Any action taken without advise and counsel of a qualified attorney is inadvisable.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets