What can I expect from my first meeting with my probation officer tomorrow morning?

Asked almost 3 years ago - River Vale, NJ

I was arrested in NJ for possession of marijuana under 50 grams and was granted conditional discharge. I have been clean since my probation has started about two and a half months ago, but am a little nervous that I used to be a heavy smoker and may fail the original drug test. Will I be tested tomorrow? What happens if I fail?

1. Thomas Carroll Blauvelt

Pro

Answered . You should expect a drug test for all meetings with your probation officer.

2. Mark M Cheser

Answered . A CD probation is usually rather lax. You may be tested on the first appearance or later. Usually the random test is later but it is up to the officer. If you comply with requests you may not have to report regularly.

3. Jason Charles Matey

Answered . You should always expect to get tested when going to probation in New Jersey. If you fail the drug test, the probation department could violate you from the program and your case will be send back to the municipal court and your case will begin anew. If you fail and the probation department violates your conditional discharge you should contact an attorney to fight the case. www.mateylaw.com