What can i expect for my court date?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Norwalk, CA

Three days ago i was arrested for attempting to shop lift something valued at $85. I've never been arrested or have any tickets prior to this event. What are my options and what should I expect or ask when talking to my public defender/judge.

1. Christopher Paul Sohovich

Pro

1

Answered . Are you being charged with a 484 or 488 or something else? Your public defender should be able to explain all your options to you. In San Diego, you would be offered a deferred entry of judgement and you would have to complete a shoplifter's course.

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

1

Answered . Unless you are indigent you do not just get a public defender, their services are supposed to be only for those that cannot afford an attorney – not do not want to pay for an attorney. You will need an attorney to get yourself out of this jam.

Robert Driessen