What can I do with cyber bullying on Facebook?

Filed under: Internet law

Dear Lawyers,
My friend posted on her Facebook wall that she had an extra ticket & trip to Coachella "Coachella? Anyone? Week one tickets. Pleeeease I have an extra ticket and would greatly appreciate it if someone would come with me."

I (the first) responded on her wall post and e-mailed her that I would love to take it. However, she wrote to me "Hi, I'm sorry the tickets cost $400 and I would feel more comfortable with someone I personally know..."

Her cousin and friend (who know me) also mocked me on the wall post. I am feeling they stepped all over me.

She posted the ad for her FB friends but did not give what she promised. And I lose the trip, hotels and ticket to Coachella. What can I do? How should I respond to their actions to make them stop bullying me?

Thank you so much

1. Throughout life we learn who are real friends are. There's not much you can do based upon these facts. Facebook allows you to block them out or defriend them. There doesn't appear to be enough ongoing contact for harassment. I wish you the best.

www.DigitalEsq.com
    (800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. Your first step is to check in detail the Facebook Terms of Use.
    Your complaints are more personal than legal.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Internet law topics