What can I do when towing company sold my car without any notification

Asked over 1 year ago - Orange, CA

so my car was in a accident and the police needed to investiage (the accident was not my fault, and it was proven that it wasnt) but when the investagaotr said they would only need it for one month. But after 4 months has been passed, we didin't get any letter or phone calls or anything like that. The towing company is telling the police that they sent mulitple letters and phone calls which is lie, because we didint recive any letters or phone calls. They claim that they sent "Certifed Mail" and they have the recipt but i didin't get any letter and if they were to really sent a "Certifed mail" wouldnt that mail need signature proving that the reciever, recived it?

1. Sean Michael Patrick

11

Answered . Yes a certified letter would need to have a signature for delivery. Have you retained an attorney for this incident? If not, you should immediately consult with a personal injury attorney. There is a good likelihood that you can recover from the negligent driver the value of the vehicle. You may also have a claim against the tow company for wrongfully selling your car on a lien. I recommend that you do not delay in discussing this with an attorney. You can use Avvo to find attorneys in your area. Best of luck

Pro

11

Answered . Sounds like the insurance company owes you for the damage or loss to your car, as well as some contribution for residual from the towing company, and you would want to retain a local car accident lawyer for representation.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Adrienne Patricia Allen

8

Answered . You can ask the tow company to show you, or give you a copy of the supposed signed receipt. Also, if you have any physical injuries you can file a claim for that in addition to your property damage claim. I agree you should consult with an attorney. Good luck!