Skip to main content

What can I do when my boys father has supervised visits on saturdays but every other visit the person supervising is not there?

Phoenix, AZ |

I have custody of my 2 boys until april when I go back to court. There is a open case with child protective services on the dad which is why he has supervised visits right now. Both boys do not want to even go to these visits. But they do so that no one gets in trouble. The judge let the fathers brother supervise these visits but he works every other weekend. So on the saturdays he is not there I don't let the boys stay with him for the alotted time. the father tries to have his mom there every other saturday to supervise. But the court papers say that his brother is the one to supervise and that if he and I agree on another person then that person can. But I don't agree with the grandmother so can I get into trouble if on the satutdays the brother is not there I don't let the boys go?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Show up with the boys as scheduled. If the brother is not there, you can leave. If he is there, the visit goes forward.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics