What can I do when debt that doesn't belong to me goes into my credit report?

Asked about 1 year ago - Canada, KY

Hi! My name is Kai Sing, Wong but recently I've been receiving calls and letters from a debt collecting agent called "CCL financial". The problem is that I am not the guy called "Ka Wong" they are looking but they insist that I owed the HBC a thousand and something and the debt is now sold to that CCL financial. I don't know why this amount goes on me but I really want to know how I can get rid of that. I checked with the HBC and they confirmed with me that I didn't owe them that amount (on phone). I checked my credit report but the debt is on my account. What should I do next? (as they say this will go to court!)

1. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

3

Answered . Under US laws, you have the right to dispute any incorrect information on your credit report. You are required to do so either in writing on on the credit bureaus website. BTW, please do not put your name on your post when asking a question, as it is in your best interest for your question to be private. Hope this perspective helps!