Skip to main content

What can I do to return to the state after the complicated with USCIS letters. (I might get the overstayed case)

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Immigration Marriage

In 2010 I filed the application to extend of staying in the state. I got a mail that approved my application - Valid from 01/13/2011 to 01/14/2011. It sent from Vermont but I received the letter in Florida on Jan 25 2011. I've known that it impossible to leave the state as the day is already passed. Another week later, I got another mail that has a notice date on January 22,2011 says "After review ,we have reopened the above application or petition, or reconsidered the decision previously issued. You will receive a notice under separate cover once all action has been completed.I decided to wait for another notice as the last letter mentioned. Time passed by, I didn't get any mail and which I was concerned about my last semester study so I decided to leave the state. what if I marry ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Congratulation on your prospective marriage; You will be fine

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If you marry a USC and your marriage will be genuine, then all your immigration troubles will be over once and for all.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Depends on whether you marry a US citizen.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer