Skip to main content

What can i do to prevent losing my job?

Midland Park, NJ |

I had transfer my H1b from company A to company B .In the transition period i got ill.So, after i received my receipt, It took me 1 and half month to start working for company B.Now, again after 1 and half month , when i checked my H1b transfer status, It is denied.I just got a perfect job,i don't want to lose it.Please help!

I haven't received any mail from USICS about the denial, I just seen the decision today from yesterday's post.So, How long can i work in company B for Knowledge Transfer and can I stay in US for further necessary arrangement?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


There is nothing you can do. The denial terminates your authorization to work. Your employer can appeal the denial, but you will only regain authorization to work if the appeal is successful.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


What does the lawyer that works for company B have to say about this?

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


Talk to the perfect job's immigraiton attorney. They can ask for an approval again, nunc pro tunc if the denial was based on your failure to appear for work. Did you not informa the perfect job of being ill?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Better talk with Company B's attorney about why the transfer was denied.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer