What can I do to keep my name from being in the newspaper blotter after my court date?

Asked over 1 year ago - Gillette, WY

I received a court date ticket after shoplifting from Walmart. The amount was less than $40. I go to court in a couple days and I'll do anything to just keep my name out of the newspaper. It will ruin my reputation and I'm extremely embarrassed about it. Please help!

1. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

4

Answered . This is something you should have considered before you went to Walmart.

Stop posting confessions on the Internet!

Realistically, there is nothing you can do. If you ask to keep it out of the newspaper, you will draw your case to their attention.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

3

Answered . Nothing. Sorry. It is a matter of public record. Any attempts to convince the paper not to write about it in the local police blotter might result in it being reported on front page.

3. Michael Douglas Shafer

1

Answered . Nothing. It is public record.