Skip to main content

What can I do to get property back that was stolen if I know where it is and the person who has it says she won't give it back?

Eagle Lake, TX |

I loaned items to a family members wife to use for her wedding and now she won't return the items & says she is going to sell them. What rights do I have in getting these items back. They aren't worth a ton of money, but the fact she won't return them makes the items stolen property? Can she sell them? Can I have a cop escort me to get the items?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You can turn her into the local police department and see if they can recover the items for you. You also could file a civil lawsuit against her and possibly get a judge to issue a temporary restraining order against her to keep her from selling the property.