What can I do to get my unmarried, dependent under 21 daughter to the US to live with me and her mom?

Sioux Falls, SD |

I and my wife just arrived to the US as a new immigrants (green card), my son is a US citizen, I have a dependent unmarried under 21 years old daughter still living in Syria. She will turn 21 in about 6 months. What can I do to get her to the US to live with me and her mom as soon as possible before she turns 21?
Thanks for your helps

1. File form I-824 application for notice of action on an approved petition, so she can process for a visa. If you were not married to the mother, there are other issues, and best to meet with a lawyer. Finally, you can file an I-130 visa petition for your minor daughter.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. If you immigrated through your son, then your daughter is not a dependent beneficiary of the petition. You can sponsor her for a green card, but this will take many years. Have her consider other means of immigrating: employment, investment, lottery, etc.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree with attorney Shusterman.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.