What can I do to get my unemployment approved?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baldwin Park, CA

I was terminated 2 months ago and i applied for unemployment benefits and i was denied because my employer stated that I was fired becasue I stated false information in my application. I never indicated false information in my application. I then went to a hearing about my EDD claim and the judge favored the employer and denied my claim again because now the administrator is saying that i changed my hired date on the computer system which i didn't. All this happened just becasue i had asked if i was going to be getting holiday pay for thanksgiving the administrator told me no i said ok.
Now i have to do another appeal what can i do to prove that I did not change nothing in the system. I thought my 90 day eval was due but it was not. i was hired 8-22-12 and termindated 11-29-12

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kevin Michael Schwin

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There are procedures that would allow you to present additional evidence even after an unemployment hearing if you can show there was a good reason that you were unable to present the evidence at the first hearing. For example, if you can show you had no access to the evidence at the time of the first hearing, you should be able to get a new hearing to present the newly discovered or acquired evidence. You have very strict time deadlines so you should consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

    Any answer provided is based on the limited facts and circumstances explained by the person asking the question.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,314 answers this week

2,816 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,314 answers this week

2,816 attorneys answering