What can I do to get my mother to stop harassing/stalking me through my therapist?

Houston, TX |

My mother and I fought. Our relationship was never good. I'm 45. She was abusive to me,favored my brother. I'm divorcing, my husband is narcissitic. Due to familiarity, I married him, when one parent is also Narcissistic, my mother. My husband n my mom ganged against me. Due to pain of them, I was seeing a therapist. He sent my txt/mails to my mom, then to My therapist to try make me look crazy. Therapist took this as abusive. My mom continues sending over 2mnths, calling my therapist. I txt my brother/wife, but they pretended, sent my txt replies to my mom n therapist. One txt discussed takin my kids! Therapist said I'm fine! I was shocked! Never drank,drugs, not crazy! Can she involve herself? They even discussed reporting my therapist for not recognizing I'm crazy! WHAT CAN I DO?

Only the therapist can tell them to stop. You can not stop someone from talking to someone else about you. The therapist needs to make it clear to them that they are not to contact her anymore.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

Tell the therapist to please stop talking to them (or telling you what they said). Or, find a therapist they do not know about.

You feel harassed because your mother sends texts to your therapist, is that the scenario?

The problem is the therapists to address, either legally or by telling your mother to stop. Nothing you can do about it.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.