What can I do to get my Drivers License back, if it has been suspended for over 5 years?

Asked 12 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I have old tickets from my teenage years, that I went to court for, but could not pay the fine. The tickets are set for compliance. They are now with GC service. I know that you can get your driving record cleared after 5 years. Would this allow me to get my license but still have to pay GC service? since the tickets are over 5 years old

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrew Stephen Roberts


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You have to pay G C Services to get your license back.

  2. Michael Douglas Shafer

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You have to settle up with GC Services despite the age of the tickets.

  3. Linda A Iannelli


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You have to pay GC Services in full before you get your license back.

    The information provided is general in nature and does not consititute legal advice. This answer does not create... more

Related Topics

Traffic Tickets

A traffic ticket is issued for moving or non-moving vehicle violations. Potential consequences include fines, license penalties, traffic school, or jail.

Kenneth Albert Vercammen

Careless Driving

39:4-97. A person who drives a vehicle carelessly, or without due caution and circumspection, in a manner so as to endanger, or be likely to endanger, a person or property, shall be guilty... more

Driver's license penalties for traffic tickets

License penalties may be entered as "points" on your driving record. If you get too many penalties in a certain period of time, your license can be suspended.

Jack Ira Klein

Georgia Super Speeder Law

What is Super Speeder? Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,644 answers this week

3,358 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,644 answers this week

3,358 attorneys answering