What can I do to get my disability benefits?

Salt Lake City, UT |

Born in Canada approved for permanent legal resident in 1979, owned my own businesses in Utah, paid taxes, have SS#, 2 marriage licenses in Utah, Workforce Services have me as a U.S. citizen in my file. I was a crime victim in 2000 and approved for permanent disability. Lost my wallet 5yrs ago which had my Utah Id and SS card, now they wont give me my disability benefits because I cant prove I,m a U.S. citizen.

All you need to do is go to Naturalization services and get a copy of your naturalization papers. Take those to the SS office and verify your information.

If you have already been approved then your lost wallet should have no bearing on you receiving payment since that information should have been previously verified.

But if verification is the issue then the sequence previously listed should solve the problem.

If that does not work give me a call and I will help you verify with SS (no charge).

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by attorney Clint Curtis as general information and not specific legal advice. Specific advice can only be provided after a complete analysis of all information related to the asker. No attorney-client relationship is established by the use of the information provided. If you have additional questions please contact the law office.

2. You don't need to be a citizen to collect SSDI. But your post is puzzling. Certainly you have your SS# in your tax records if you can't remember it. Moreover, why have you not replaced your ID in 5 years. Where have the checks been going all this time? You need to get with a local atty to iron all this out.

The information you obtain from this website is not legal advice. Please contact us at 954-916-2667 or Dugandisabilitylaw.com in Florida for a FREE evaluation and legal advice pertaining to your particular claim.