What can i do to get my daughter if she is in foster care.

Philadelphia, PA |

i have partial custody i live in phial . and dad lives in Lancaster , pa . she was felted at her dads house without food and heat . and home by herself . i have one charge of receiving stolen property in 2003 but after that never was in trouble with the law again . father called ohs on me in the past but it didn't stick . do i have a chance of getting my daughter back at all

1. You might. Your best bet is to hire a family law attorney in your area, and let him get all the facts and assemble all the evidence and he can advise you on how to proceed.

2. It depends on my factors that are no fully explained in your initial post. When dealing with any custody case, the court looks to determine what is in the best interests of the child. You should consult with an attorney prior to filing for modification of the present order. Feel free to contact me for a free initial consultation at 610-446-0690.

This answer is for informational purposes only and does not in anyway constitute and/or form an attorney-client relationship.

3. If your daughter is in foster care that means that you already had or will very shortly have a hearing regarding that placement. You can bring an attorney with you to that hearing, or you will be appointed an attorney. There are many factors that are not explained here. Such as how long she has been in foster care, if she has already been found dependent, if you have already received the documents outlining what steps you need to take in order to get your daughter.

Child custody topics