What can i do to get my daughter if she is in foster care.

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

i have partial custody i live in phial . and dad lives in Lancaster , pa . she was felted at her dads house without food and heat . and home by herself . i have one charge of receiving stolen property in 2003 but after that never was in trouble with the law again . father called ohs on me in the past but it didn't stick . do i have a chance of getting my daughter back at all

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Michael W. Aitken

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on my factors that are no fully explained in your initial post. When dealing with any custody case, the court looks to determine what is in the best interests of the child. You should consult with an attorney prior to filing for modification of the present order. Feel free to contact me for a free initial consultation at 610-446-0690.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and does not in anyway constitute and/or form an attorney-client... more
  2. Cindy Lee Villanella Pieret

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your daughter is in foster care that means that you already had or will very shortly have a hearing regarding that placement. You can bring an attorney with you to that hearing, or you will be appointed an attorney. There are many factors that are not explained here. Such as how long she has been in foster care, if she has already been found dependent, if you have already received the documents outlining what steps you need to take in order to get your daughter.

  3. Ibraheim Nidal Shalabi

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You might. Your best bet is to hire a family law attorney in your area, and let him get all the facts and assemble all the evidence and he can advise you on how to proceed.

    Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,248 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,248 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering