Skip to main content

What can I do to get a refund back from an immigration lawyer?!

Los Angeles, CA |

Hi there so I recently went to Latinos immigration and taxes in may wood ca,& went in for a consultation & they asked to leave a deposit for 475 but all I had was 200 I gave it to them because I was going to start my process with them unfortunately I lost my job and can't continue the process with the application I called about 3 times to see if I can withdraw my application and get my refund back they keep avoiding my phone calls and say they'll call back to talk to me and they still haven't. I would like to go in Thier office but it's pretty far for me to get there. they had no sign that says no refund and all the guy took from me to start the application was a copy of my I D and my address he hadn't actually started the process what do u experts advice me to do 200 $helps me to get by.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    If they are not an attorney let them know that you plan to speak with the UPL committee at the State Bar Association.

  2. Are you sure this is a lawyer's office and not a notario.

  3. I agree with Mr. West ... there may not be a US licensed attorney working with them.

    Go here for links on how to report them & find Consumer Protection assistance:

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  4. This may not be an attorney's lawyer, but a notario. If that is the case, you may not get your money back. That is why you NEVER go to a notario. You need to do more homework.

    This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics