What can i do to force mediation to speed up this court process?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Savannah, GA

My ex husband is not court ordered for mediation, but i was told in the state of Georgia you are required mediation before you can go to trial.

1. 3

Answered . Some counties require mediation and some do not. You will need to check with the court administrator or the judge who your case has been assigned to concerning the issue of mediation. If you do not have an attorney, you may seriously consider hiring one so any necessary motions concerning mediation.

2. 3

Answered . Some counties require it. Some don't. Mediation can be invaluable in a divorce. Discuss it with your lawyer and if you do not have one, get one.

3. 3

Answered . I agree that you should get an attorney if you don't have one. While many couples divorce without lawyers, that results in them dividing a marital estate without legal expertise and it may only work where everything is cooperative and agreeable. Your comment about your ex and the need to speed up the process tells me that this is not one of those very easy, totally cooperative divorce actions.