What can I do to contest being arrested on a false warrant

Asotin, WA |

My son was arrested for a warrent from Asotin Co. for domestic violence, bail an exsessive $50 K. Female in who did this is girlfriend', mother (Ibelieve). supposedly swung axe at gf in their drunkeness. Actually he was trying to hurt self and she wrested it from him and threw him out. She calls mom and rants and raves, as is her wont, and mom reacts. Son outside by firepit rest of early a.m. Calls me at about 7 a.m., we talk for 90 minutes until phone batt about to die. gf sleeping it off. House is lost, son comes up here, she moves in with her mom.
??? is: is not the onus on HER to prove the allegation? There is NO evidence! no bruises, to witnesses, nothing. Isn't $50K a bit muchy??

He is in line to get a good paying job up here and we want him out of jail. We will post bail if needed and lowered, we don't have much and are in our 60's. We are behind him 100%.

1. Hello there,

Since he is still in jail you need to hire an attorney to file a writ of habeas to have him brought before the court.

He can also file a motion to have his bond reduced. He will have to testify for the limited purpose that he can not afford the bond at its present setting and that he doesn't have property to sell or an ability to raise money for his bond.

You need to also have spoken to several bail bond companies to see it they will work something out with you. The court is going to want to know what attempts have been made to secure his release through a bonding company.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

PLATTEN LAW OFFICE
    3301 GOLDEN RD.
    STE. 410
    TYLER, TEXAS 75701

2. Hello there,

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

PLATTEN LAW OFFICE
    3301 GOLDEN RD.
    STE. 410
    TYLER, TEXAS 75701