What can I do my ex refuses to sign me a consent so I can take my kids to live in another state

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

We have lived together for the past 8yrs nd never been married I recently found out he has another son with one of hes lovers nd I been getting blocked calls nd I kno for a fact is one of his girls nd ahe has come to were I live and with a key she scratches my truck I really dont have prof of all this activity but he hasnt denied when I ask him about it. Due to this I really want to move out of state but with out a problem. I really need to be away from him

1. Judy A. Goldstein

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . In order to move out of state, you need to have a court hearing and win. Hire a lawyer. Go to hearing. A better approach might be to move far away but still within the state, You do not need court permission to do that, although visitation might change,.

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . You have not identified whether your ex means you were married and divorce or never married. Either way if your ex is the legal parent of your children then you will have to get his agreement to leave the state with the children or the permission of the court by court order.