Skip to main content

What can I do if the WC refuse to pay my settlement after signing the documents but I refused to sign the resignation letter?

Los Angeles, CA |

I asked my attorney to ask the defense att. to sign my letter to protect my rights for future unemployment because this is Involuntary. He said they wont sign it. (My Job refused my restrictions for light duty from the doctor and they said they did not have part time work for me)

Attorney Answers 4

  1. If they cannot put you back to work anyway, why are you resigning?

  2. There is a longer wait period, but you can still collect UI if you resign. Settlement and resignation are connected. You should discuss the matter with YOUR Attorney if you have questions or concerns.

    We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

  3. Why are you not talking about this with your attorney?


    It sounds like the offer was for a Compromise & RElease agreement INCLUDING a Voluntary Resignation...

    If you refuse the Voluntary Resignation portion, there is NO SETTLEMENT (there's just a few signed papers).

    There is no 'settlement' until the INsurer agrees to all the terms.

    IDEA!!! SAY YOU'LL SIGN THE RESIGNATION FOR an extra $21,000 (about what you'd lose in your Unemployment Insurance Payments).

    otherwise, prepare for don't have any agreement... AND APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE RIGHT NOW if you haven't already.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics