What can I do if the driver that hit me does not have insurance

Arlington, TX |

a DRIVER HIT ME AND IT WAS IN MY FAVOR BUT THE DRIVER INSURANCE HAD EXPIRED. wHAT DO I DO?

1. You need to act quickly. First, you need to report the loss to your the Texas Department of Public Safety if the police were not called to the accident scene. Second, if the loss is significant, decide whether to hire a lawyer for your claim. If you hire a lwyer follow his advice. If you decide not to hire a lawyer then you need to report the loss to your insurance carrier. If you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, you need to fie a claim for benefits. If your carrier says that you do not have this coverage ask to see your written rejection of the coverage. Finally, report the loss to the other driver's insurance carrier. But under no circumstances, give a oral or written statment to the other driver's insurance adjuster without consulting with your lawyer.