What can I do if termination from employment involves personal retaliation and targeting from management?

Milwaukee, WI |

The management personally attack me after I proceed to take a false complaint to human resources. The victim had no bad record with the organization until this manager.

It's not totally clear what happened from what you've written. For example, I'm not sure what you mean by a "false complaint." However, the general rule is that an employer can't retaliate against employee that reports a problem or lodges a complaint with his/her supervisor or the HR Department. In this context, retaliation refers to the employer taking an "adverse employment action" against the employee. In other words, the employer fires, demotes, or cuts the employee's pay because of the complaint. If that's the case in this situation, then I suggest you contact an employment attorney as soon as possible to discuss the facts of the case in detail and determine whether or not you should file a claim with the EEOC or Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.

On the other hand - and maybe I'm misreading what you've written here - if you have filed a "false complaint" or a fabricated complaint to your employer alleging some kind of misconduct that did not happen, then your employer would likely have grounds to terminate your employment.

Best,
    Joe Larson

This answer is for information only. It does not constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor do they create, an attorney-client relationship between Joseph A. Larson Law Firm PLLC and any receiver. This site is governed by a Site Use Agreement that you accept by reviewing these pages. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with an attorney.

2. It is unclear from your question if you are the one terminated or if you're asking about someone else being terminated--it also sounds like you're saying you made a false complaint to HR, so I'm confused. So I will speak in the general: Get a consultation with a local plaintiff employment lawyer. Most give free consultations (check beforehand) so you'd have nothing to lose for an assessment of your case by an expert. You can give that person all the detail for assessment. Aside from this site, your local bar association is also a good referral point. Many such lawyers take the case on contingency if they want to represent you.

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I have made do not constitute legal advice. Any statements I have made are based upon the very limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in California.

3. There simply aren't enough details to respond to your question. See a local employment attorney. Good luck.