What can I do if someone is using my picture?

Asked 7 months ago - Adelanto, CA

recently a man came up to me and told me I looked familiar I didn't really pay much attention n later on he told me it was on a website call back-page I didn't even know what he was talking about, so i told my husband n he looked all night and found the picture of my self i was about 16 year old or 17 at that time, and this website is like a prostitution website, I'm very upset and I don't know what can really be done about this.

1. Pardis Patrick Ashouri

1

Answered . Contact an Internet law attorney. They can write a demand letter to the company or file a law suit if necessary.

2. Kendra L. A. Stephen

1

1

Answered . Yes, you can hire an Attorney to write a demand letter to get the photo removed. However, you may want to start by contacting Backpage and informing them about the situation.

3. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

Answered . Since you were a minor when this picture was taken, it is considered "kiddie porn." No web site wants to be posting kiddie porn as the pentalties are severe. There are other legal issues regarding using your photo without permission, but you won't need to bring these up as the issue of posting a minor's picture is so clear.

If you contact the web site through their customer service link and tell them those pictures are of a minor they will probably take them down immediately. If they do not, you have plenty of law on your side to go after them and you should find a lawyer to help you.