What can I do if someone hit my car in parking lot and run away?

Asked 12 months ago - Ravenna, OH

When I was entering parking lot, a lady while taking her car out from parking lot hit my car and there was damage on my car. I called police immediately but the lady told me not to report insurance and after I get estimation for the damage repair she pay me for the damage, I agreed. She gave me her contact number, now the lady not answering my call. I do not have any information about her. I am worried. What I should do now?

1. Thomas Austin Thompson

Pro

5

Answered . If you have her insurance information, make your claim directly to her insurer. If you do not, you should obtain a copy of the police report, if any was made, and determine who she listed as her insurer and use that information to make a claim. If neither of those options are available to you, then you can turn the matter in to your own insurance and let them fight with her. Assuming the collision was not your fault, your insurance rates should not be increased due to making a claim for these damages. Best wishes.

2. Craig Bernard Mitchell

4

Answered . It appears the only information you have is the phone number she gave you. Get a copy of the police report and report the claim to your insurance carrier (assuming you have uninsured motorist coverage).

Pro

3

Answered . Submit insurance claim and get it fixed

4. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . Call the carrier!!