What can I do if someone forged my signature

Asked over 4 years ago - Ocala, FL

I started a new job and found a piece of paper that was faxed to all of my previous employers asking for a copy of my prior employment history and on the paper that was faxed it said I here by give you permission to release prior work history and someone in the office of my new job signed my name to the paper. they never even asked me to sign it, they took it upon themselves to sign my name. Do I have any legal rights ?

1. Kurt Eugene Lee

Answered . Your question does not indicate how you were damaged by this conduct. While I appreciate that you did not appreciate someone deciding to sign your name, if you like your new job, then perhaps this is a case of all's well that ends well.

If, however, some adverse employment action was taken as a result of this conduct or you were damaged, then you should consult with an employment lawyer in Marion County.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on because each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate any legal problem without a comprehensive review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.