Skip to main content

What can I do if someone called the police on me and lied?

San Diego, CA |

What if that person is a lawyer? My ex-boyfriend is a lawyer and slapped me one evening. I cried and said I was going to call the police but I never did. The next day he called the police and said i did things that never happened. I actually never called the police on him because I had no visible marks the next day.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If the DA files charges hire an attorney with domestic violence experience. Then you can talk with him about what happened and use evidence or lack of evidence/injury to prove your innocence. The fact that your ex is attorney should not impact your discission to defend yourself.


Defend using the truth. HIre a lawyer and stand up for your rights.


If the prosecutor files charges against you, you will need a good criminal defense attorney. If they actually prosecute this case, it sounds like a weak case.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer