What can i do if somebody owes me money (a lot of money )since the person who owes me money told me he's never gonna pay me back

Asked almost 2 years ago - New Port Richey, FL

in july 2013 it's gonna be 5 years since a person owes me a lot of money (over 200 k).i have all the transactions and paperwork sayin i gave him the money,he gave me something back and couple months ago he just stoped paying me back,he filed for bankruptcy maybe 2 years ago(not sure)he lost everything 3 houses money everything.but he has a business,and my question is can i sue him,and what can i do about this case,since he was so rude and told me that he's never gonna pay me back and hung up on me when i called him.should i hire a lawyer and start something against him all i want is my money back that like he said he invested in some business.please help me thank you

1. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

2

Answered . I would strongly advise you to hire an attorney. No offense, your current methods of trying to collect have not worked thus far. My firm offers free case consultations in these matters and handles these matters. Our office number is 813-830-2261. Good luck.

2. Jonathan Edgar Pollard

2

Answered . Contact an attorney. Even though he declared bankruptcy, the odds are that he did not disclose the debt owed to you. As a result, it constitutes undisclosed debt that was not discharged in the bankruptcy. Beyond that, if the money was supposed to be invested in a business, and that business is still a going concern with assets, that should give you more options.

The big question here will be collecting. If you win a judgment against him, will you be able to collect it.

Please feel free to give my office a call. I frequently handle cases like this.

Jonathan Pollard
    www.pollardllc.com
    954-332-2395