What can I do if my tenant sublet without my consent.

Asked over 1 year ago - Syracuse, NY

my tenant is subletting without my consent and the person who she is subletting to is on public asst. what can i do

1. Steven Warren Smollens

3

Answered . Dear Syracuse Landlord:

In the instance of a tenant with a lease subleasing the rented premises without the landlord's permission, the landlord may invoke the lease default notice provision. That often requires serving upon the tenant a Notice to Cure, that allows for an opportunity to correct the default in an obligation of tenancy. Should the tenant not cure, the landlord would follow with a termination of tenancy notice. On the expiration of the period of time for the tenant and subtenant to voluntarily quit and surrender the possession to the landlord, the landlord would commence a summary holdover proceeding in a local court of competent jurisdiction.

Please retain an attorney.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Consult with a local landlord tenant lawyer to start a holdover based upon breach of terms of lease.