Skip to main content

What can I do if my spouse will not sign the seperation agreement?

Brooklyn, NY |

I want to file a legal seperation and my husband will not sign... What do I do? For this to be legal does he have to sign?

Attorney Answers 1


To have a valid separation agreement, both spouses must sign. If your husband refuses to sign, you will have
to commence an action for divorce or separation. Contact an attorney to discuss the grounds for a divorce action. The link below has information on the grounds for divorce.(This does not constitute legal advice).

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics