Skip to main content

What can i do if my spouse is trying to prolong a divorce

Texas |
Filed under: Divorce

What can i do if my spouse is trying to prolong a divorce? how can i expedite it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Assuming that the two of you are not going to reconcile, there are 2 ways to finish the divorce, an agreement or a trial. If you cannot get the agreement you have to set the matter for trial. As a practical matter, frequently you are able to obtain the agreement once the spouse digests that the divorce will happen with or without her consent. I frequently come across your situation in representing parties and my suggestion is always to set the matter for trial and hope it settles before you get there.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer