Skip to main content

What can I do if my paper work from sentencing does not have my correct name or social security number?

Georgia |

The paper work my probation officer gave me does not have my correct middle name OR my social security number. The offense was in Monterey, California. I currently reside in Georgia.

Attorney Answers 1


You can file a motion with the court to correct a scrivner's error. Regarless, if you were arrested, it will attach to your fingerprints through a filing system called Offender Based Information Tracking System (OBITS). The court, not the GBI, would need to correct the error.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics