What can I do if my landlord is harrassing me?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant

I am a single mother of a 5 yr old have a cat, My landlord is trying to bully me out, I feel because she doesnt have a good chance getting me out before my lease is up in Aug. She is sending multiple notices from different attorneys, non renewal, three day notice ect. But none really apply. How can I protect myself. She moved in unannounced on Feb 24, 2012. This is a three bedroom I was sharing with her and her husband, he died Feb 12, 2012, but this was not her primary residence she came on occassion for a week or two. Now she has been here for a month and told me she is staying.

Your question is too complex to answer in an online forum. You should contact an experienced landlord/tenant lawyer in your area to review your situation and to advise you on the best way to proceed.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

I agree with Attorney Deason. Please use the Find A Lawyer to make an appointment with a local landlord lawyer for your area. Good luck.

Landlord-tenant topics