Skip to main content

What can I do if my husband doesn't have any W's from the past years to provide for immigration process ?

Orlando, FL |

We just got married and we want to start with the immigration papers but he doesn't have the W's is there anything else what we could provide ?

Attorney Answers 3


You should provide more information. Do you need W2s? What type of petition are you filing? Is your husband a US citizen?

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You are not providing enough information to be able to provide you with a meaningful answer:
I assume you are referring to W2s; husband CPU,d use his latest federal tax returns and a letter from his employer. In any event, if his income is not enough to meet the 125% poverty level threshold, he will then need to come up with a. Co-sponsor.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree




My husband was employed for the last 5years for his parents antiqueshop he didnt receive a paycheck he lives in their house compensation for his job was all his bills were paid never received an actual paycheck. The parents shop is legal they collect taxes and quartely taxes on all income. So we are not able to provide the W2´s the USCIS is asking for. What else can we do?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar


You need a co-sponsor. period. I hope my answers were helpful.


I am assuming you are referring to W – 2 to establish employment? If this is so, you may need some evidence in order to file for US income tax if it has not been done. There are many significant questions when filing for lawful US immigration status. He do not provide enough information to give you good guidance. You would be well served to contact an immigration attorney for this process.

contact us


Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics